ua en pl ru 
NEWS
Free tour "From Temple to Temple: memorable pages of the religious history of Lutsk"

Free tour "From Temple to Temple: memorable pages of the religious history of Lutsk"

In the framework of the measures to open the tourist season in Lutsk, the "Center for Tourist Information and Services" invites for a new author's excursion devoted to the anniversary pages of the religious history of Lutsk.

300 years ago, the fathers of the Trinitarian, the noble clergy who came to the city, came to our city to free themselves from the captivity of the inhabitants of those territories where their monastery was located. It was here that the first known city icon of Lutsk, Saint Cayetan, was painted, depicting a colorful panorama of our city in the first half of the eighteenth century.

For 90 years before the appearance of Trinitarians in Lutsk, in the walls of another shrine - the Holy Cross Church, a collection of baroque poetry "The Blessing for the Holiness Father Ioan Vasylevych" was published.

In fact, in 1628, the Lutsk Jewish community received the final permission for the construction and was able to build a magnificent synagogue.

These and other pages of the religious and cultural history of Lutsk will open for you on a tour that will take place on Saturday, May 19.

The journey will start at the Center for Tourist Information and Services (2 Senatorka Levchanivska St.).

Participation in the historic walk is free.

Print 

Leave a comment
Name:
Comment:
Enter the code: