ua en pl ru 
PHOTO

Walking through the streets of the old town with "Guides on vacation"

back
On Sunday 13 there was a tour with the local historian Petro Tronevych who led people through familiar streets of the city, telling the little-known historical facts and history of Lutsk War (1431) between Poles and Lutsk citizens.

On Sunday 13 there was a tour with the local historian Petro Tronevych who led people through familiar streets of the city, telling the little-known historical facts and history of Lutsk War (1431) between Poles and Lutsk citizens.

Our walk started from the intersection of Kryvyi Val St. and Lesi Ukrainky St., where as Petro Tronevych said was New Gate - one of the structures that were part of the fourth (and last) line of defense. He also told that Mstislav Vladimirovich founded a monastery of the Assumption of the Holy Virgin on the so-called "Holy Mountain".

Then we came to the city walls, which suffered during the Lutsk war. Author of numerous books on the history of Lutsk talked about bridge Velykyi Zemskyi, through which the Poles tried to enter the town during the events of Lutsk war; Polish historian later would explain the defeat of occupation saying that the town was charmed. After some time, the bridge lost its importance for the city.

The tour ended at Lutsk castle, where Petro Tronevych described the two houses vying for the title of the oldest and told about plans for future archaeological and historical research.

Print 

Leave a comment
Name:
Comment:
Enter the code: