Every year the village of Kolodyazhne in Volyn Oblast is visited by about 30 thousand guests with a common aim of visiting the literary-memorial Museum-Estate of Lesya Ukrainka. The estate was bought in 1868 by Lesya’s father, Petro Kosach, and after some time his family moved there. Larysa Kosach, the future writer, better known under the pseudonym Lesya Ukrainka spent her childhood and adolescence there. From 1882 to 1907 she lived in the estate with some breaks now and then. Many of her poetic works were written in Kolodyazhny. The museum was opened in the village of Kolodyazhne on July 10, 1949. The exposition of the museum consists of a memorial and a literary part. The memorial part is kept in two houses, the first of them is “White” that was built for Lesya. It really recaptures the atmosphere that existed during the life of Lesya Ukrainka and offers a chance to take a look at Lesya’s personal belongings and a solarium arranged on the veranda. The second house, the parents’ one, consists of three rooms, namely a kitchen and two verandas. Since the windows of this house are painted grey it is also called “Gray”. The younger two sisters and a brother were born there and for many years the house remained a permanent place of residence for the Kosach family. The guests of the estate were Franko, Lysenko, Starytsky and other prominent personalities.