“Jazz Bez” is the most large-scale and long-lasting Ukrainian jazz festival that uses jazz energy to unite many Ukrainian and Polish cities by presenting the best Western musicians to them. Every year the city of Lutsk joins the marathon.
The main tasks of the festival are the following:
- creative and organizational exchange of the organizers’ experience;
- uniting people of different walks of life, countries and ages;
- propaganda and development of the jazz music; introducing new jazz trends and new playing techniques to young musicians and audiences;
- development of the cooperation between artists and cultural institutions; enforcing the cultural dialogue;
- trans-border circulation of artists and artistic objects;
- professional development of young musicians; encouraging arts organization to create international jazz projects.
The Lutsk part of the festival usually takes place in the Puppet Theatre ― the place with the best acoustics in the city.