Church of the Exaltation of the Cross

Хрестовоздвиженська церква разом з пізніше збудованим монастирем чину василіанів становлять єдиний комплекс вцілілих пам’яток архітектури, збудованих Луцьким Хрестовоздвиженським братством. Хрестовоздвиженське братство – культурно-релігійне об’єднання волинської православної шляхти й луцьких міщан виникло у 1617 р. Створення братства мало на меті збереження православної віри на Волині. Разом з тим при Хрестовоздвиженській церкві діяла школа, шпиталь й пересувна друкарня Павла Домжив-Лютковича-Телиці. Членами Луцького Хрестовоздвиженсього братства були митрополит Петро Могила, гетьмани Петро Сагайдачний та Іван Виговський, засновниця київської братської школи Гальшка Гулевичівна. Відомо, що шляхтянка похована у крипті під церквою. Серед братчиків налічувалося й чимало славетних луцьких міщан. Монастирський комплекс зводився впродовж 1630–40-х років. У XVIII столітті і церква, і монастир потерпали від пожеж. У ХІХ столітті церква була практично зруйнована. Монастир зберіг свій первісний вигляд, але сучасна церква – це лише вівтарна частина колишньої святині із прямокутною прибудовою радянських часів.

 Church of the Exaltation of the Cross together with the later built monastery of the Basilian Order, form sole complex of surviving monuments of architecture built by the Lutsk Holy Cross Brotherhood.  Brotherhood is a cultural and religious association of Volyn Orthodox nobility and Lutsk burghers that arose in 1617. The creation of a brotherhood was aimed at preserving the Orthodox faith in Volyn. At the same time, a school, a hospital and a mobile printing house of Pavlo Domzhyv-Lyutkovych-Telytsia were operating at the Church of the Exaltation of the Cross. The members of Lutsk  Brotherhood  were Metropolitan Petro Mohyla, Hetman Petro Sahaidachny and Ivan Vygovsky, founder of the Kyiv Brotherhood School Halshka Gulevychivna. It is known that the noblewoman is buried in a crypt under the church. Among the brothers there were many famous Lutsk burghers. The monastery complex was constructed during the 1630s-40s. In the 18th century, both the church and the monastery were hit by fires. In the 19th century, the church was virtually destroyed. The monastery has retained its original appearance, but the modern church is only an altarpiece of the former shrine.

Workin hours

Price

Free entrance

Address

Danylo Halytskyi street, 2

Дивитись також
$ 1
€ 1
Today
Tomorrow
Day after tomorrow
Today
Tomorrow
Day after tomorrow
$ 1
€ 1